Sunday, May 17, 2009

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Another big problem appeared today with Vista. What new? I got the 'The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded' error message. What the heck is that? Oh well off online to check for solutions. I couldn't find something that was giving me a definate answer.

As time was getting by i was getting angry. When suddenly i saw something on the account i was trying to log in. It had became 'backup'. Hmmm. Lets go on the registry to see what that meant.

I navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and I checked the SID for that account. At the end of the string had a '.bak' to it and above it the same SID without the .bak extention. So i deleted the one WITHOUT the .bak and I renamed the one WITH the .bak not to include the extention.

And VOILA the problem was fixed. Hope this helps to anyone with the same problem.

No comments: