Sunday, June 10, 2012

Playing DVDs on Ubuntu 12.04

I finally did it. I have replaced 100% my Windows system with Ubuntu 12.04. I must say it wasn't easy. I had lots of troubles with even the simplest things that I was used to do in Windows, but at the end it was all good.

In the light of this I decided to write down the steps that I took to have the programs/function I had in Windows. Well this is step number 1; how to play DVDs in Ubuntu.

a) Open up a Terminal and type: sudo apt-get install libdvdread4
b) When it finishes type in to the terminal box: sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh

And that's it. From now on, you will be able to play DVDs. If for any reason when you restrart the computer, you lost the ability to play them (like it happened to me before) run the step b again. It should do the trick.

No comments: